At Levi in Kittilä, significant investments have been made into tourism, and the offering of accommodations has been diversified by accommodation options for different tiers. There is demand, especially, for new kinds of high-end accommodations that would meet the expectations of both domestic and international guests. Also, Levi strives to develop sustainable tourism.
- Buildable floor area 2,600 m²
- Maximum number of floors 5
- Plot area 1,159 m²
- Location in Kittilä, right next to Levi centre
The Ylä-Levi Fell-side hotel investment destination meets the demand for high-end accommodations at Levi and in all of Lapland. The excellent location right by Levi centre guarantees the possibility to offer a wide range of services to guests. An investment site made with the principles of sustainable development in mind would be particularly fitting for the tourism area vision and client needs. Building right for 2,600 square metres of floor area ensures that the high-quality accommodation experience is a focus point of the service.
There is an international airport in Kittilä. It is serving direct flights from Helsinki and several other cities in Europe. The Levi fell centre 15 kilometres away is a rapidly growing destination and the largest all-year tourism centre in Finland. The accessibility of the region is also supported by the Rovaniemi airport and railway station, situated less than two hours away by car, and by the Kolari car train station, situated less than an hour away.
Levi hosts more than half a million visitors every year. The destination is increasing its attractiveness even more, as the diverse service offering is being developed in the region, which will serve several customer groups. Levi has also consolidated its status as the host of the annual alpine sport world cup competition. Easily accessible fell destinations, diverse services, and the surrounding arctic nature have made the Levi region a popular filming destination.
The Levi travel destination is one of the most diverse in Lapland. The ski resort includes 43 slopes. The slope offering and lifts are being continuously developed by improving the slope profiles, the security of snow supply, and the lighting. There are for example 60 restaurants and various shopping opportunities in the area, and a wide range of activities and program services, additionally to downhill skiing.
During the snowy season, skiing trails, snowmobile riding, winter cycling and hiking routes, as well as reindeer and husky farms offer activities for many kinds of active customer groups. Levi Bike Park is open for the summer season and provides different levels of trails for popular downhill and enduro biking. Levi is located by the Pallas-Yllästunturi national park, and there is a marked mountain biking route between for example Levi and the Kellokas Nature centre. There is also an 18-hole golf course.
– Sustainable tourism is one of the focuses for the development of Levi, and many businesses are committed to environmental labour. Many hotel, accommodation, and program service companies have environmental certificates, such as Sustainable Travel Finland, Green Key, or Green Activities. In the future, Levi will offer even more sustainable services, says Director of Economic Development of the municipality of Kittilä, Katariina Palola.
New area for centre functions
Ylä-Levi site is the new service area of the Levi travel destination. The design of the area takes into account smooth access to slopes and easily accessible recreational areas and ski trails are by foot which form the core of the centre services.
– Levi has a bright future ahead, and ecological, economic, cultural, and social sustainability, in particular, are considered in the growth. Regional organizations and businesses work together to meet this goal and to move things forward, says Palola.
The plot is located centrally by the current Levi centre and next to the newly-planned area for centre functions. The Ylä-Levi area supports the sustainable growth of Levi and will improve the already diverse offering of services at Levi.
- Kittilä municipality, Kideve Business Services
- Director of Economic Development Katariina Palola
- email@example.com; tel. 0400 955 472
- www.kittilä.fi; www.kideve.fi
- Other Ylä-Levi plots