Looking for green hotels, responsible resorts and other eco-stays? Lapland has a wide choice of sustainable and responsible choices for your upcoming holiday.
Sustainability is a cultural cornerstone in Finland. Naturally when it comes to offering hotels, apartments, cabins and other accommodation, there’s a wide range of sustainable and responsible choices. Below you’ll find a wide range of eco-friendly accommodation, from geo-thermally heated hotels to carbon neutral ski resorts to apartments and sustainable choices that use renewable energy.
Here are some of Lapland’s sustainable accommodations:
Coolest (Responsible) Hotels in the World
Hotels don’t always have the best track record for being environmentally responsible. In Finnish Lapland, however, hotels are responsible, certified and comfortable. Check in to some of our most responsible hotels.
- Sokos Hotels (Green Key certified)
- Arctic TreeHouse Hotel (Green Key)
- Wilderness Hotel Kirikeskus (Sustainable Travel Finland, Green Key)
- Hullu Poro (ISO: 9001)
- Santa’s Hotels (ISO: 14001)
- Scandic Hotels (Nordic Swan Ecolabel, Green Globe, EU Ecolabel)
- Lapland Hotels (Green DMN, Motiva’s Energy Efficient project)
- Ski-inn Hotels & Apartments (Carbon neutral accommodation)
- Arctic Light Hotel (WWF Partner company)
Sustainable Resorts & Other Green Accommodation
Farmstays, wilderness cabins, off-grid accommodation and more. When you move away from the standard, “expected” accommodation, not only do your choices become more interesting–they often become more sustainable too!
- Sallatunturi Tuvat (Green Key)
- Holiday Village Himmerki (Sustainable Travel Finland, Green Key)
- Naali Lodge (Sustainable Travel Finland, Green Key, Green Activities, EKOEnergy, Ethik’Hotels)
- Adventure Apes (Green Key, Green Start)
- Ylitalo Reindeer Farm (Green Key)
- Cranberry Cabin (Green Key)
- Holiday Village Valle
- Arctic Land Adventure – Reindeer Ranch & Glass Igloos
- Sunday Morning Resort (Carbon neutral accommodation)
- Pyhä Igloos
- Ollero Eco Lodge (Green Key, Green Activities)
- Harriniva Hotels & Safaris
Of course, where you sleep is only half of a sustainable visit to Lapland. Check out some eco-friendly activities to go with your green accommodation.